Daratan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daratan

This world is home to the six clans of Daratan: Hayvn, Septur Kana, Arcanthul Saravya, Siram, Zalaes, and Lucenoc.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Old Incendia Posts

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Admin
Administrator

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Old Incendia Posts   Old Incendia Posts EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:00 pm

People of the mountain, manipulators of ember and air, masters of beast and blade, riders of dragons, and workers of metal the clan of Incendia Calx is one of high pride and energy. They are pale skinned due to their time underground where their cities were built from magma and stones. The people of Incendia Calx are often eager to test their abilities often doing so by attempting to tame the wild dragons that roost in the valleys and larger caves. Few members of the clan do so even come out unscathed. Incendia Calx relies heavily on their ability to tame wild beasts, due chiefly to the fact tamed flying beasts are exported to other clans, though dragons are held treasured by the clan, for the dragons scales are used to make clothing, and when the dragon dies its meat feeds the clan for a long period of time. Because these people have been born and raised in places of high heat other clan areas seem frigid and members will wear multiple layers of clothing or thick clothing to compensate for lack of heat. Incendia Calx are fighters by nature, their more common jobs are combat instructors, body guards, animal tamers, and black smiths. While those are the jobs they are more famous for members of the clan have also been seen farming on the mountain sides, purifying drinking water, and running bath houses in the hot springs. The members of Incendia Calx are identifiable by the following features (excluding their manipulative ability over fire and air); Four fangs on each side of the mouth (top and bottom 2 each), pale skin (brought about by large amounts of time underground, though they can be outside , and are easily sun burnt if they do not take precaution), slightly thinner more muscular bodies (due to heavy exercised living and the need to be agile in the mountains), and clothes made of fallen dragon scales (they do not kill dragons unless a dragon has gone wild and is doing much damage to the land. They will use spears over most other weapons though swords, bows, and staffs have been seen. They are stronger with their fire over their wind, using the wind to cool themselves when working with fire, or to feed flames when using fire in their workings. The symbol of the clan is a dragon breathing fire into the sky in the shape of a spear head. The clan of Incendia Calx is lead by "The Prince Of Flame" Lux Lucis Vox who received the leadership after his father fell by the claws of a wild dragon. Lux has of yet no children or wife and works as a beast tamer in his free time.
Back to top Go down
https://the-five.rpg-board.net

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Incendia Posts   Old Incendia Posts EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 11:00 pm

Eyes sliding open, arms reaching out to either side, quilt and sheet slipping down his torso as a small yawn slips from softly parted lips. Slowly turning his head to the left and right bright green eyes shined in the darkness of Lux's bedroom marking "The Prince of Flames" journey into the waking world. Drawing himself up Lux rubbed the sleep from his eyes and stood slowly while stretching, waking up his tired muscles from a long two days of rest. Walking towards his bathroom he slowly drew his pants and undershorts off and tossed them into a small pile of clothes he needed to clean before moving to his tub filled most the way with scented water. With the edges of his lips tilted slightly in a smile he leaned down and lit the fresh blocks of smokeless wood that laid in wait and began to heat a bath. The heat flowing from the tips of his finger's slowly dried the wood before igniting it the heat rising instantly through the water, which was salted by the limestone tub in which it waited, the salt making the water heat faster and be ready for Lux's occupation sooner.

Smelling the gentle aroma of roses and lavender Lux stood and climbed into the tub slipping deep into the water letting it cover up to his neck. The water rushing around each inch of his body by air currents Lux created under the water, making it scrub his body clean and open his pores to prevent acne. Laying back Lux rested against the wall of the tub relaxing as much as he could a small sigh of content leaving his lips as his eyes closed. The water's cool caress, the scent of lavender and rose petals all reminded him of a place he visited only on the rare occasions he could escape the confides of his duties. Taking a slow deep breath he stood in the water and rubbed himself with a bar of salt, herbs, and dried flower petals to clean himself further, after washing the suds of the soap like bar from his body he removed himself from the water.

Using a open volcanic vent in the floor of his bedroom Lux let the heat of natures liquid flame remove the water from him, the quick dry left his skin shining from the vapor of the water, and closed his pores. Walking to his clothes he picked a tight fitting scale vest and loose pants as well as held within his hand a small necklace. Looking inside a smile tilted his lips and tears slide from his bright green eyes to fall and become steam against the ground. He loved to look at the picture hidden within whenever he was alone it gave him hope for the future. No one but him knew who's image was inside the locket and he intended to keep it that way. Closing the locket he tucked it into his closed vest and walked from his room. Now he was ready to lead his people for as long as he survived in this world. The world. Of Daratan.
Back to top Go down

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Incendia Posts   Old Incendia Posts EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 2:15 pm

His feet carried him through the door of his bedroom, into the main hall the familiar feel of stone eyes as he walks past his ancestors. His father. He couldn't stand to look at them, to face his father or any of the other dead, and yet his head turned to see the newest statue. The blank yet still full of life eyes as dark in stone as they ever were in life. The same cold distance in which he took all the problems of Incendia onto himself. Anger welled within Lux just as tears welled within his green eyes and spilled against his pale cheeks.

"You could still be alive! You killed yourself you made the pressure so great it drove you to the dragons! Its your fault not the rest of Incendia. You could have been as loved as I am and yet you chose to be a tyrant. Chose to enslave the people rather than free them. Well guess what father. I am better than you! I have set the clan free and opened up relations with all the clans. Incendia no longer stands alone in the world. We have friends. We have allies. We have help when we need it and when we don't and its all thanks to me! I loved you father... I tried to help you. You said you loved me and trusted me then why did you not ever do as I advised. We could be even greater now than we have ever been, but I have to clean up all of your messes! I am not ready to rule. I do it without question and I do it well but that's because I know the people, but look at me father. Look at your son, look at your 'prince of flame' hes alone. He loves his people and they love him but he can't tell them these things! He can't voice his pains. You are a fool father.. I am stronger than you will ever be and I'm not talking about my fire."

Lux stood not inches from the statue of his departed father, his knuckles white from clenching his fists tight in anger, flames radiating from his hands, air whipping around his torso. A flash and the sound of stone crumbling was all any in the room at the time would notice. Lux rushing from the hall. To commission a new statue of his father and to hunt for wild game strong enough for him to remove his anger. He didn't spare a glance back at the crushed stature, or the flames licking at the chunks of stone, or even at his broken fingers.
Back to top Go down
Shurik Sidorov

Shurik Sidorov

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Incendia Posts   Old Incendia Posts EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 9:29 am

A warm bed, a wooden couch with the softest pillows on it, a small table with two chairs sitting next to a fireplace, and warm food on the table. And yet no one was to be found using these things. Shurik's quarters were what a warrior of his statute deserved, but he denied all of it as his. Where was the warrior? Sitting on the hard floor, his legs folded as he sat in the meditative position. His eyes where closed and his body perfectly straight as the man cleared his mind of all. There he sat, wearing only his shorts, reflecting on his life, resting his body and mind. He was never fond of the physical possessions that were given to him, but he accepted them for the others. “One… Two… Three…” His lips moved, the numbers counting in his head up to ten and then back again. The rest of his body remained motionless.

As he completed his final set, his eyes slowly opened and his mind was brought back into the world. Not a moment too soon, it seemed, because as he began to stand up, there was a loud knock at the door. “Sidorov, Open up!” A woman’s voice sounded from the other side of the door and he knew who it was in a moment. He pushed himself from the ground, standing up to his feet and walked over to the table first, grabbing a piece of warm bread that was there and taking a large bite. The voice sounded again “Get Away from my breakfast Shurik Sidorov..” He stared at the door and dropped the piece of bread back on the plate. Somehow she always knew.

Grabbing his tunic, he slipped on the cloth and sighed gently, walking over to the door and flipping the lock on the door. He made his way towards the table as the wooden hulk flew open and shut once more. “Good morning Lilli, Get locked out again I see.” A small girl, only about seven or eight, hopped into the chair across from him as he sat down. “Don’t be silly, Shurik, you locked me out..” He stared at her and chuckled lightly. “I might have..” Lilli dug into her breakfast as he smirked. The young girl came from some of the less fortunate. He had met her one-day while patrolling the area and the two clicked instantly as friends. He was always a sucker for helping. “How’s the weather out there?” Lilli chuckled and shook her head. “Hot as normal Shurik..” The little girl finished her breakfast and grinned at him. “Are you coming outside today Sidorov?” He stared at the small girl and took in a deep breath. He was in a less sociable mood today, but he had been holed up for a week already. “Sure, Lilli.. Now get off to your lessons.” Lilli nodded and ran out, hugging him somewhere along the way. The door slammed once more and she was gone.

He grumbled as he walked to his things and suited up. Pulling on his pants, tucking in his tunic, strapping on his vest and other accessories. Getting dressed was just another part of his day. Finally he slung his quiver and bow over shi shoulder and prepared to exit. He spiked his hair up and walked out of his quarters into the barracks. All the other guards and warriors looked shock that he had come out. Shurik just nodded and continued through the crowd and out onto the street. The place seemed calm enough; maybe he’d stop by the tavern and have himself a drink.
Back to top Go down

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Incendia Posts   Old Incendia Posts EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 11:44 am

He walked through the town, so many looks and whispers. He knew they could see the blood dripping from his knuckles and yet he ignored the calls of ' Prince Lux ' in his still bubbling over anger he complained in his mind at being called 'Prince' over 'King' he did rule after all, he was the person in control of all Incendia. Why not be called 'king'? Lux did not spare a second glance at any of the people, he knew they were all worried about him but he couldn't force himself to look one of his friends in the face and smile. The time it took to go from one end of the city to the other wasn't extremely long but he knew he would pass the majority of Incendia along his way knew he would be the biggest rumor of the week, he may even gain a follower or two. The thought of someone else on his hunt made Lux slow down, even angry he knew he could not survive the wildlands alone, especially not in the dragon populated outskirts of his home land. Logic winning over emotion a blessing for Lux in some instances, though a curse in others.

Past the market place Lux was now in the residential area small, medium, and large homes all present as well as the guards armory. Lux remembered when the guards had to stay away from their family's until they were on leave, he had fixed that. He supplied them close to home now and put them on their patrols it made a lot of fathers happy to see their wives and children more often. Lux had no spear, no sword he would be overpowered with a broken right hand, which wouldn't be able to make his whip. It wasn't stealing. He was the one who truly owned every weapon within, but he would not take a guards weapon. Only surplus.

Ducking into the place Lux opened the door with a skeleton key that opened any government structure he had put in place. Inside he let his feet and memory guide him to the inventory room. The spears were all straight and sharp as a dragons fang, the swords were glistening with anti-rust oils, the smell of metal filled his senses and made him nearly blind to the looks of the room. Almost blindly he went forwards, and begin to collect his two weapons. A spear that would be if put to the test sharp enough and strong enough to be vaulted on, and a sword whos scars showed it to be a worthy compainon. It would take time, but that was something Lux had in excess.

"Come to me a companion in combat, let me help your blade taste copper once more. Wash away your rust and dust and let me make you shine red again."
Back to top Go down
Shurik Sidorov

Shurik Sidorov

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Incendia Posts   Old Incendia Posts EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 12:25 pm

As he walked past his brethren guard and their gazes, he nodded to each on that spoke to him, giving them the common greeting he received. At the end of his walk he placed his hand on the barracks door and gave it a quick shove, watching the hard steel slide open and giving way to the city. He stepped out and took a deep breath of air in. Being closed off from the world for so long, he realized how stale the air had gotten inside his room. The town, bustling with people going to and fro, was alive and moving. The different sounds appeased his ears and various salutes and hellos greeted him as he stepped out into the street and began his walk. A grin was on his face as various women also greeted him with beautiful faces. Despite the large city, all the people where quite close with one another and this helped brighten his day. He walked through the townspeople, making his way down the street when wandering whispers caught his ears.

“Did you see the prince?” One woman said to another man. “Yes.. he looked angry about something.. I wonder what is wrong?” Various people talking about the same thing followed as he continued his stroll. ‘He was bleeding rather badly…’ ‘What caused his hand to do that?’ All statements he heard. Finally he made it to a patch of land with different sized homes on it. He was only maybe three blocks or so from the Barracks. He had remembered when they where built. Lilli used to send him letters when he was away, cute little scribbles, sometimes; of drawings she had done of her family and various animals and people she had met. Now all the guards and warriors were close enough to home to be able to see their families and he close enough Lilli could come knocking on his door if needed.

He noticed the guard outpost and supplies building and felt something peculiar for it this time of day. There was no call to gear up or for a patrol at the moment and yet he could see the door was open. There where but three people who had a key for those doors and he had seen two as he walked through the Barracks. Now fueled by curiosity, Shurik made his way into the building and towards a noise he heard. Slowly making his way through the halls and a few paths, he found the inventory room open and someone inside. His eyes looked to the left, in a corner where his armor lay on a stand with his spears and sword, making sure his possessions where still there. He listened carefully and watched the man’s movements as he moved inside the door and crouched behind a weapon stand.

Now, as the person spoke he stood up straight and approached. This was no one other than the prince of flames, the king. He had only met this man once when he gave a speech to the soldiers, but he was never this close. He stopped his progress some feet behind his sire and spoke, trying not to alarm the king. “Ehem.. My Liege..” he saw that the king had chosen a few weapons for himself, was he planning on going out alone? “King Lux, May I ask why you are in the Guard Stores?” It was not formal to question his leader, but he feared the safety of the king if he where to go out alone.
Back to top Go down

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Incendia Posts   Old Incendia Posts EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 12:45 pm

Lux had not expected to be walked up on as quickly has he had, the armory often staying empty until mid afternoon when soldiers and guards would come for maintaining their equipment. Turning quickly Lux had a spear in his left hand, and a sword on his right hip, not the norm for the right handed prince. Noting in the back of his mind a soldier, Lux relaxed slightly and then grinned, the silence after the man spoke and the lack of rustling metal now made the sounds of blood hitting the ground loud and clear each drop falling from his knuckles another stain on the stone. Walking forward Lux haphazardly grabbed a dagger from the shelf and slipped it into his pants and spoke while passing the man his voice not commanding or angry, but as if putting out an idea for the man to chose if he wanted to do or not.

"Gear up, its time to hunt"

Lux didn't look back to see if the man did as he said, it was an obvious choice. No one wanted to see Lux die as his father did, corpse ravaged by beasts with the softer meat eaten by birds. Lux smiled to himself slightly the anger still shining in the expression from the fangs piercing into his bottom lip though no blood flowed visible from that wound. Lux knew now the likely hood of him being injured just dropped significantly with the aid of a proper soldier though Lux still knew he would be reckless until his rage subsided.

Walking from the armory Lux headed away from the dragon roost, and towards the cave that lead behind the mountains, to the place where beasts were as strong as any spear. The Manaer forest.
Back to top Go down
Shurik Sidorov

Shurik Sidorov

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Incendia Posts   Old Incendia Posts EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:06 pm

He watched the blood drip for a moment, the sound resounding through the empty room, as he was concerned about the amount. Despite this, his sire seemed primed and ready for what lay ahead. As the man walked past him, he heeded his words with a grin, saluted, and walked over to his armor. He grabbed it piece-by-piece and suited up. He put on the chest plate with attached sheaths and his greaves and boot covers. He would go without his helm and the rest of the armor. The full suit made too much noise for a hunt. With a grin he took up his weapons, the two spears and his sword and put them in their proper places. Not only did he now meet the king, but also had an open invitation to a hunt. A challenge he would not pass up. Picking his bow up from where he placed it he slung it over his shoulder grabbed a quiver of new arrow and followed a minute or two behind his king.

“This should be a good day..” Shurik didn’t normally go out into the wilds, but today wasn’t his first trip. He dashed from the building and grinned at the people as he jogged his way up the street towards where Lux had gone. People seemed to move from his path as he jogged up the way and within moments he was beside his king, walking with him. He asked but one question as he tested the tension on his bow. “So, my Sire…What are we hunting today?” He stopped for a moment as their walk brought them to the cave that lead to the forest and he grinned. “Hopefully something big…” seeing his sire continue his walk, he took a few quick steps and continued with him.
Back to top Go down
Jin-E

Jin-E

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incendia Calx   Old Incendia Posts EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:15 pm

He knew that he was an odd site walking into the town. The pople couldnt stop stairing at him it seemed. Here and there you could hear a woman or a man whispering " Hes covered in dirt." Or the ocasional " He has no sense of hygene just like most animals" Jin-E just tried to burry his head down lower as he continued on. The children were either scared or pointeed and laughed at him. Sighing slightly to himself, he adjusted his new face mask that was made from a simple piece of red cloth. Seeing a well of water, he headed towards it. Finding a place to sit down, he began to draw out a canteen.

He tried to avoid the others stares even though he knew it was impossible to do so. He felt nervouse and slightly skiddish to being here . It was his first time in a village or city, let alone people since he had run from the orphanage. He looked up to see if anyone was guarding the well or if their was a toll for drawing up water. His brown eyes saw a sign. He tried to guess what it said, but he couldnt read it out to well. Growling to himself in small fustration, he tried to speak towards anyone who would help him

" ex...Ex...Ex..Exscuse..m..m..Me" Getting the attention of a small perky woman, he pointed to the sign then at him self, shrugging as he tried to show her that he didnt understand it.
Back to top Go down

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Incendia Posts   Old Incendia Posts EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:32 pm

Lux walked briskly to the open cave motioning at a distance for the guards to let him and his companion through the two guards stepping to the sides almost as fast as Lux moved his hand. Walking slower now Lux could hear what the people were saying and looked to his sides giving a warm smile before speaking to his people

"My friends I am fine, me and my companion here are going for a hunt. Do not fear for your prince, he will not leave his people for long"

Lux knew his people would worry even with his words, but he needed to clear his head, and the crisp cold air of the outside would do him good. He also knew of a good size creature that was causing problems within the farm land that needed to be dealt with that he could kill while he was out that would also feed a few families. While he was doing this for his clan he also needed to do something for him, a Minotaur would do well to clear away the anger burning inside Lux. It was a challenge, the beast was smart enough to dodge and block, as well as strong enough to break a sword in two. Looking to his soldier he spoke.

"What is your name my friend? I know you know me but I don't know you"
Back to top Go down
Shurik Sidorov

Shurik Sidorov

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Incendia Posts   Old Incendia Posts EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:51 pm

He moved alongside the King and grinned as they reached the guards, stopping for a few moments as Lux spoke to the people, a smile on his face as he nodded to each of the guards and smirked. He looked to the people next, hearing some of their words of worry. The continued their walk after the speech, heading deeper into the cave. He gave a small nod once more to each of his brethren as he walked by next to the king. His eyes remained forward the entire time as he could feel a small cooling air come from the depths. “Hope it’s not as cold as last time..” words he spoke in a whisper, remembering the cold air of the outside world, even in summer time.

He kept a half of a step behind Lux, keeping himself slightly behind as in to let the king lead. A conversation seemed to be starting between them and he grinned, answering the question. “My name is Shurik Sidorov. Born to the bloodline of Dragoons.” He gave a small nod to his king and continued. “So, if I may ask, what has provoked this impromptu hunting trip into the forests sire?” He grinned at this question. Something about this chance encounter made the hunt all the more appeasing. Finding the king in the armory, being invited on this hunt, and all on his first day out of the house in weeks.
Back to top Go down
Jin-E

Jin-E

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re:Incendia Clax   Old Incendia Posts EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:10 pm

The women had told Jin-E that it was free, so he filled his canteen up. Putting it back in its holster, he looked up to see two men standing their. One seemed to speaking out to the crowd, the other just seemed to watch and listen. Curious as to what they where doing, Jin decided to go up and ask the talkative one. Pushing himself up and dusting the dirt from his attire, he took a small breath. Two possibilities were running through his mind of the outcome of the situation. One was that he wouldn't be understood and the other was that their conversation would take a turn for the worst. Sighing, he looked down at himself then up. Muttering to himself slightly, he began to edge towards them through the crowd.

When he got close enough, he tried to draw their attention by waving a hand at either one to wait. Getting through the people though was harder then it looked. Allot of them pushed and shoved him back "Be respectful" or other such words towards him. The people were starting to irritate him, but he kept his mind focused. Not knowing what else to do,he shrugged and backed away from the people. In a few moments, he was on the nearest roof he could find to see the strangers. He knew that with his limited speech, he wouldn't get their attention. Pulling out his Bone Kris, he began to roll it along his fingers, trying to figure out how to get their undivided attention. Soon, he had it. He broke his Kris in half then tossed a part of it into their path. If they hopefully stayed on it, he would be able to get their attention
Back to top Go down

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Incendia Posts   Old Incendia Posts EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:25 pm

"Anger, shame, sadness, a combination of many stimuli all coming together at once. I don't really know, but I can't go home until I do as I left to do. Though I also have to get a new statue of my father made for the main hall. By the way, it's always cold outside one of the few drawbacks to our volcanic home."

Walking through the Manaer cave was not a hard task, it was dark, but it had been made a wonderful walkway long ago by the clan. Moving his left hand in a small circle light began to shine from a small flame, illuminating the path like a lantern small insects, spiders, and rats scurried out of the semi blinding rays of the fire light in the darkness. Lux payed no attention to the cave itself, only hunters and the occasional farmer traveled through it, none incapable of at least self defense, so he would have known if anything was disturbing this place. With a small yawn Lux stepped into the light, his fire dying away with a blast of cold outside world wind, a heavy shiver rocking his body at the automatic cold.

Pulling his spear from his back he moved down the short slope of the mountain and into the trees of the Manaer forest staying low as to not scare the boar if it was close by. This hunt would prove difficult if he spooked his game to early on, a charging boar a problem, many other creatures of the woods even worse. Lux only hoped he could hunt to his peak with a broken hand. Looking back Lux motioned to Shurik to draw his bow if he hadn't already, a small whisper slipping from Lux's lips.

"If you see the boar, strike the joints in its leg and if you can after that its snout. That way it cannot run from us and create a charging pack of pissed off pigs."
Back to top Go down
Shurik Sidorov

Shurik Sidorov

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Incendia Posts   Old Incendia Posts EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:47 pm

He nodded to Lux, his answer hinting towards a deeper conflict. He chuckled at the statement of a new statue for the old king. He shook his head and watched as they entered the cave, the light from the prince’s flame lighting the way through the dank place. “Well that is understandable.. I think it would be rough being the king sometimes.” He kept right next to the man now and watched every step they took thought the darkness. When he mentioned that it is always closed he let out an exasperated sigh, as the air did grow colder the closer they got. “Wonderful. You would think it would warm up out here sometimes.” He jested that fact and let out a low laugh. The air grew colder; the path seemed to end as a light at the end of the tunnel could be seen.

When the cool breeze blew out the flame, Shurik instantly shivered for a moment. A low growl left his lips as he shook his head and just continued his walk. He didn’t speak as they moved down the hill and into the wooded area, knowing very well what one loud noise would cause. One loud word or a clank of the armor could bring the most ferocious creature down on them, maybe even something worse. When the king had prompted him to draw his bow, he quickly removed it from his shoulder and notched one arrow on the string. He listened to the words of advice and smirked. “Take out the mode of transportation so it doesn’t have the means to fuck our day up. Aye, sounds easy enough.” He made ready everything he had to, both mentally and physically.
Back to top Go down

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Incendia Posts   Old Incendia Posts EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 3:07 pm

Spotting his target he moved to the right and started to climb a small tree, gripping the branches with his right hand hurt but he endured to pull himself high enough it would take only a short jump to be at the boar. Closing his eyes he took short even breaths and whispered

"When you are ready, take the shot. I will attack as soon as you loose the arrow."

The boar was large, about the size of a teenage human, with tusks as long as a persons arm or leg. Its brown fur was bristled and filled with burrs, its ears were tilted back yet it showed no sign of knowing about the hunting pair. The boar had its nose buried in the dirt foraging for mushrooms or potatoes or some other root plant that was edible. Lux knew he wasn't far from a cliff farm and some seeds and such would roll to be planted here so it could even be carrot, lettuce, or another food. For now the boar was no problem but it would once more get to the farm land. Lux couldn't allow that, the people needed the food, lots of things were sparse in the volcanic lands and outsourcing for a lot of food was expensive. The clan didn't have much to trade at the moment, there was almost no trained dragons for scales to be made into clothes. This boar was going to die, and feed the clan for at least a short time.
Back to top Go down

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Incendia Posts   Old Incendia Posts EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 3:24 pm

It was cold, her skin had goose bumps over it even with the rough leather she liked to wear out to hunting on her skin. Shinama was crouched down, sitting in a tree top looking down at the earth bellow her. She had heard noises nearby, she didn’t know what creature it had come from because she was not a frequent hunter, she only did it for fun. She turned slowly, watching the ground bellow her as she kept her double edged spear in hand. She was a blacksmith, her strong arms outlined by the heavy leather she wore under the thin metal breastplate she had on. Her long black hair was tied up and out of her face as she listens to the noise getting closer to her. She then sees it, a black cat like creature in front of her. That was when she struck, so that the cat didn’t find her before she was able to strike.

She jumps from the tree, and falls upon the creature ramming her thick sharpened spear into the neck of the cat, nearly tearing its head right in half. She didn’t show any emotions as she stood up, looking at her kill. It was a female, and it didn’t have the best amount of meet but it would help keep food on the table for a while. She was about to pick up her kill when she heard a screech nearby and quickly turned around her eyes wide. A male came at her at full speed and she raised her spear ready to attack, yet she was slow and the beast was upon her, tackling her.

As the beast tackled her to the ground, its great weight trying to crush her now as the thing lay limp on top of her she winced at the blood she felt dripping all over her hands. The thing had not only tackled her, yet somehow had speared itself in the process. She wiggled, until she was able to show the thing off of her and stand up, the blood of the kill all over her armor. She waves her hands to try and get it off but fails. She sighs, then walks over to the creature and grabbed onto her spear, taking her time to pull it out before she stood up straight.

She felt disgusted, to a point, she had only recently started to go out hunting because of her uncles inability too now. Yet, she knew she would not be able to carry all of this meet back to the village and that she had just wasted her ability to fight and a creatures life because of her actions. She frowns and then sits down, trying to get herself calm again as she starts to clean off her spear. She became so deep into thought she didn’t even notice that other things were moving around nearby as well.
Back to top Go down
Shurik Sidorov

Shurik Sidorov

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Incendia Posts   Old Incendia Posts EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 3:38 pm

He looked to the king in the tree and grinned lightly. He remained perfectly quiet, his breathing shallow as he drew back the arrow on the string. The wood and twine creaked with the pressure as he prepared the arrow. The boar looked once at where the noise had come from, but he made no movements, letting the beast go back to it’s scavenging before he looked to his sire and nodded. The hunt was on, and it was going be a lot harder from here on out. He whispered “Now.” As the word left his lips his body sprang up from the brush, his aim already locked as he stared down the straight arrow. Silence was all that was heard as he released the feathered weapon and let it soar towards its target.

The arrow struck true, piercing the boars back left leg. The beast reared its head and squealed in pain. By this time his sire would be attacking. He was already on the move himself as he made way to a new cover spot and drew another arrow. He let the weapon draw back once more as he took aim and chuckled. He whispered to himself. “Left front leg…” Not all there was to do was wait for the shot.
Back to top Go down

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Incendia Posts   Old Incendia Posts EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 11:31 pm

Wind rushed past Lux as he launched himself at the massive boar, his spear angled down slipping between the animals flank and its leg, slipping into his ribs. Twisting the weapon Lux used his weight to push it down angling it up into the ribcage before thrusting it through the beast. The tip of the spear slid through the other side of the boar, blood gushing from either side. Grinning Lux believed he had peirced the heart but soon found the boar batting him away with its head. Stumbling back Lux landed on his ass looking at the boar his eyes narrowing as his left hand gripped the hilt of his sword. Pulling it out he was lucky to strike the boar in the eye, making it half blind. Pushing the blade forward into the eye socket, the charging beast impaled its own head and yet continued to thrash and try to beat Lux to death. Somewhat worried Lux called out.

"Fire, hit its flank. Make its heart stop beating with infallible aim!"

Lux hoped Shurik could hear him, or had a good shot. Lux looked for the tree he had sprung from but didn't know where it was around him. Trying his hardest Lux pulled the dagger from his hip only to have it struck from his hand and send into a distant push.
Back to top Go down
Shurik Sidorov

Shurik Sidorov

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Incendia Posts   Old Incendia Posts EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 9:22 am

He had heard his king’s assault and he was ready for the command. Shurik couldn’t help but wonder if the first blow was the killing blow, as it seemed to be an almost flawless strike through the heart. He found this to be false though as the pig began to battle back against Lux. It aroused his attention, and worry, as the bore charged the king only to be subdued slightly by the sword of his sire piercing the head. But still the creature thrashed about and attacked with such relentlessness. He could only believe that this was the true wilds and most creatures here were this determined not to die or even more. He let his bow slowly return to an unstressed position and pulsed small fires through the metal until it was hot.

That’s when he heard Lux call out to him, and a smile grew on his face as drew back the arrow and stood once more, taking a true aim on the beast’s heart, hopefully. He had an almost perfect line of sight on the beast’s flank and the heated arrow should pass through the flesh without a problem. As the dagger flew from Lux’s hand, the arrow was released, catapulting through the air and towards the beast. All he heard were piercing screams coming from the animal as the arrow passed through its flesh and just crossed its heart. The boar reared its head back stumbled, falling over to the side and laying there. It still continued to thrash about, even with all its wounds as if it was still trying to attack them.

He rushed over to the king and knelt beside him, looking over him to make sure that there were no gushing wounds. “Are you okay Sire? It seemed to almost have you there..” He looked over to the boar and let out a small sigh. “I think I only nicked its heart. The arrow might have cut its muscle loose for it’s leg though.”
Back to top Go down

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Incendia Posts   Old Incendia Posts EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 2:11 pm

"That is how thing are in the wilds. Nothing is ever exactly where it should be. I forgot that fact and missed my mark but either way this beast will not last to much longer. He may move but its time to clean the kill. Other wise more beasts will be attracted to its calls and the scent of blood spreading through the air. Do not worry about me, I received much worse when I tamed my dragon""

Pushing himself up Lux walked over to the beast and held his hand out to Shurik while stretching his foot to press tightly to the boars head holding it in place against the ground. Lux silently slid his hand across the stomach of the boar fire sparking to life and burning the fur from the animals flesh. When the place what clean of burrs, muddy fur, and ticks Lux motioned for Shuriks dagger. This was going to be messy, the animal was still alive, thrashing its head, heart beating, but it was not long for this world.
Back to top Go down
Jin-E

Jin-E

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re:Incendia Clax   Old Incendia Posts EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 5:59 pm

Jin-E could hear what seemed like a hunt from where he was walking. The noise of the animal and the people intrigued him. Taking a small breath, he headed towards where he believed the sound was. Passing through a bush, he spied a man over a boar, holding his hand out for something. Looking at the ground, he found a dagger. Picking it up, he placed it into the mans hand. Afterword he took a step back and leaned against a tree to see how the man would react to what he just did. He looked down at the ground and waited for the reaction
Back to top Go down

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Incendia Posts   Old Incendia Posts EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:04 am

Taking the dagger in his palm Lux felt the familiar shape of the dagger he had taken on the hunt and looked back surprised. It was not Shurik who gave him the weapon but a person whom he did not recognize but appeared to be of Incendia. This was a pleasant surprise for Lux given the situation and the fact his anger had subsided by much since the start of the quest out of the mountain. Looking the new man over Lux nodded and took into account the man looked wild, possibly a more friendly rogue from the feral Incendia people, but the fact Jin had not attacked him proved the idea wrong. Speaking Lux hoped the man would understand

"Thank you my friend, I am glad you were there, this boar needs to be cleaned and fast."

Crouching down Lux pressed the blade of the dagger to the boars exposed stomach cutting it open and ending the animals life through the removal of its heart. Now in the silence Lux could work on the animal in peace without worrying as much about beasts of the wild. Eyes narrowing Lux slipped his dagger through the boar cutting out the organs that would rot to quickly as well as the things that couldn't be eaten. Cutting out the ham of the boar as well as the chops Lux used air to dry the flesh to the point it would keep as well as still be capable of eating like it would normally with no extra prep.

Looking to his two companions Lux cut the tusks from the boar and held one out for each of them as well as enough meat to feed four people. This was his thank you to them for helping him on his hunt. Smiling his green eyes were locked on the pair while his mind cranked through multiple ideas for them both. He would contact them again and it would be soon.

"Shurik I thank you for coming on this hunt with me this tusk is yours and is worth a good amount, the food you can use for anything you wish. I would also like to ask you to give the rest of the edible meat to the people you think deserve it the most. Stranger you gave me what I needed when I needed it as well as got involved when a lesser person would have ignored the cries of the animal and went on their way. You are a good man. You deserve this tusk and food for whatever you see fit. I would also like to ask the both of you to come with me to my home."
Back to top Go down
Jin-E

Jin-E

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re;Incendia Calx   Old Incendia Posts EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:26 am

Hearing the man speak,Jin-E looked up at the man, surprised that he spoke rather then attack "You welcome" He couldnt speak very well since he had no one to talk to for the past 5 years of his life. He had lost almost all grasp of the art of words. He nodded at him and bent down to watch how he preserved the meat and cleaned the kill. Jin-E tilted his head slightly as he watched, curiously about how others from cities used what was their. Noticing that he didnt use everything made him confused. If he could, he would of told the man that he could use the whole boar for almost anything, but then again, the man didnt grow up out here in the wilds alone.

When he was done observing, he looked over at the other man with curiosity. They were both sticking out like sore thumbs in these parts. HE was startled when the man that was cleaning the boar offered him a tusk and some meat. Gently, he took the tusk from the man and felt the point of the tusk. It was sharp and could be used as a weapon. The meat though, he shook his head and pointed at him "you kill, you..." Trying to think of the word, he motioned that he was taking from something or someone. He placed the tusk on the ground and noticed the man wasnt taking the bones or the fur. Moving forward, he grabbed a rib and snapped it off of the boars skeleton. " Why no use?" He pointed at the rib bone in his hand and the rest of the corpse " Many...." He pulled out his last bone kriss and held it up. He then pointed at the fur " warmth." He looked at them confused

These people were different. Jin-E had made absolute sure he used everything that could possibly be used. The sinews would of made fine string and rope if intertwined the correct way. So many possibilities to use everything for. Even the hoofs could be grinned down and melted hot enough to turn into a sticky substance to place over a weapon to keep it from staining. " I keep?" he pointed at the remains that they were leaving behind. He blinked in confusion when the man stated that he wanted him to go to his home."What a home?" He tilted his head in confusion as he pulled his mask down. Their was a scar on his lip that traced half way up his eye "Me...Jin-e.Who you?"
Back to top Go down
Shurik Sidorov

Shurik Sidorov

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Incendia Posts   Old Incendia Posts EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:28 am

He pulled the dagger from his belt, staring solely at the boar as he went top place it into Lux’s hand. “Must have been quite a feat to tame your dragon. I hope to tame one of my own someday.” But when he found nothing but air his mind instantly turned his head towards the king. To his surprise a newcomer had appeared and brought along the tossed dagger, thought lost in the scurry. He stared for a moment at this strange man and sized the newcomer up. He had seen this person around before, but no one paid much mind to him. He seemed to have just stumbled into the area like he had stumbled into the clan. He smiled and nodded to Jin, keeping a slight eye on him as he turned and watched as the boar took it’s final breath.

When he heard the strange man speak it was like listening to a child speak for the first time. His English was broken and rather hard to understand at first, but it was manageable. He had the look of a feral to him, and yet he had seen this Jin wandering the city streets. He shook his head and turned to Lux, taking a hold on the tusk and the meat as he carefully pulled it back towards him as to drop nothing. He already knew whom he would give this meat to, and they should enjoy it more than he. He rose to his feet and smiled to Lux as he nodded. “Sire, It was my pleasure to go on the hunt with you. It was quite Exhilarating.” He looked to Jin and smirked. “And The King is right. Most would have passed us up for dead and not bothered to see what was going on. Thank you.”

He then noticed the man place his rewards down and walk back over to the boar’s remains. He kept a close eye on the man as he spoke and snapped bones from the pig among other things. He chuckled and turned to Lux. “Well.. he’s quite the interesting one, Isn’t he.” He walked up to Jin as he introduced himself and extended out an empty hand. “Hello Jin-E I am Shurik Sidorov. If you find it hard to pronounce, you may call me Shur for short.” He looked back to Lux as he nodded and let out a small laugh. “Well, My sire, I would love to join you as soon as possible, but I must make a pit stop on the way to your house. I know a little girl and her family who will eat well tonight.”

There was something about the man, now standing behind him, that caught his eye. He looked Feral, but seemed as harmless as a small rabbit. He was armed, and maybe even dangerous, but it felt like he didn’t want to attack. Also, his insistence on using the entirety of the boar was noble. He looked to Lux and grinned before turning back to Jin. “Well, Jin-E, if you feel you can use all those things for the betterment of yourself or others, I don’t see why you couldn’t have the rest.” He looked to Lux and chuckled. “How say you, sire?” He chuckled and walked back towards where they had come from, not going too far away from the group. This had been one hell of a day, and it seemed, at this time, things would continue to grow more interesting. “Shall we head back to your people, My Liege?”
Back to top Go down

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Incendia Posts   Old Incendia Posts EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 12:08 am

"Jin-E, I am Lux Lucis Vox king of Incendia Calx the land in which you appear to come from, at least by body. Also take what you wish from the kill. I will not use the rest and had thought it would be a nice treat for the wild scavengers that look at us even now." Turning to Shurik Lux spoke once more "Shurik, take Jin-E to my home if you will, and rest yourself with your family or friends. I will return soon the next leg of my journey I must take alone, though I do appreciate both of your help on this hunt." Lux bowed slightly at the two as he finished speaking showing them his gratitude.

Taking one last look at the pair Lux smiled gently at them like a proud father at his sons, which is how Lux felt towards all his people. Like they were his children and he must care for them. Turning away he took to the woods left hand gripping the spear he had ripped from the boars chest right hand broken like a twig clutched to his chest throbbing still from when he had struck the statue. Lux knew he was at a disadvantage to most creatures of the wilds but he wanted more than anything to do something for himself, even in his wounded state. Sighing softly Lux pressed on banishing his thoughts as he passed into the true Wild Lands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Old Incendia Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Incendia Posts   Old Incendia Posts Empty

Back to top Go down

Old Incendia Posts
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next